[ocpfree] Problem finding the time difference while tuning a query

От Karthik Dakshinamoorthy
Тема [ocpfree] Problem finding the time difference while tuning a query
Дата
Список pgsql-sql

Dear all,           Of late, I have been involved in tuning the Performance for a particular program with my project.

1) When you execute a particular query, say if it takes, 1 mins, the second run will always take less time, like 10
msecsetc, the reason is that the second run, benefits from the parsing done on the first run of the query.

One way to overcome, this is to use "alter system flush shared_pool" which is normally "supposed" to clear the parsing
inshared_pool, but that's where my problem is, it sometimes does and most times doesn't, so I can't really say, how
mushI have tuned or is it tuned at all.

Any solutions ???????

2) The entire program must have only one commit, 'cos of that it takes a longtime, 'cos of the huge amts of
information'sthat need to be maintained in the rollback segments.

Pragma autonomous_transaction commits Or backup tables are not an option.

Any methods, to enhance the speed to the program with rollback segment Or methods to ease the load on the rollback
segments????

Cheers
Kart

Lot of failures in life are those who didn't realise how close they were to success when they gave up !!

Yahoo! Groups Links