C program Postgres 6.3 and date

От Roberto Taglioretti
Тема C program Postgres 6.3 and date
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
Hello,
first thing of note is that I'm not on the list so please email
solutions to me.I recently upgraded postgres from version ~6 to 6.3.  Unfortunately,
where before I had everything passed back as text strings now things are

being passed back in their binary form.

My question is
How is the postgres date type stored in C?Is it an integer in seconds from a specific date?How would I convert it to a
textstring of the form 05-21-1998?(When I print it as an integer I get 841823536)Before I received that text string as
aresult of the PQgetvalue now

I am getting the binary form and I can't find a reference on how to
convert
back.

Thanks        Roberto Taglioretti

--

_____________

Taglioretti Roberto (roberto@gass.it)

our sites:
http://www.gass.it
http://www.gassnet.net
http://www.itbusiness.com
http://www.immagini.it

our legal address:
GASS s.a.s di Grampa M. e Taglioretti R. & C.
Via delle Cascine 38
21041 Albizzate (VA) ITALY
P.I. 02290890124
Telephone +39(0)331 985251
Fax       +39(0)331 984497

our operative site address:
GASS s.a.s di Grampa M. e Taglioretti R. & C.
Via Col Di Lana 18
21041 Albizzate (VA) ITALY
P.I. 02290890124