Re: 8.2 beta blockers

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: 8.2 beta blockers
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Merlin Moncure" <mmoncure@gmail.com> writes:
> yes, i can explain it in detail, and am willing to kick in some
> documentation.

Ah-hah, you're on the hook for docs then ;-).

I'm going to go ahead with implementing it in-core per my last proposal:
void pg_advisory_lock(int8)            waitvoid pg_advisory_lock_shared(int8)        waitbool
pg_try_advisory_lock(int8)           no waitbool pg_try_advisory_lock_shared(int8)        no waitbool
pg_advisory_unlock(int8)           returns T if successfulbool pg_advisory_unlock_shared(int8)        returns T if
successful
plus all the above taking 2 int4's, plus
void pg_advisory_unlock_all()

but am happy to let someone else do the docs.

As far as the PR material goes, something like "advisory locks
incorporated into core" would be OK, but don't make it sound like
there was nothing there before ...