It seems to be a documentation bug to me then

От Sergei Agalakov
Тема It seems to be a documentation bug to me then
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
To resolve this confusion all we need is to add something like to
documentation
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.5/static/libpq-ssl.html

Currently PostgreSQL supports only Subject Alternative Name attribute(s)
of type dNSName, and IP type isn't supported.

and remove

If the connection is made using an IP address instead of a host name,
the IP address will be matched (without doing any DNS lookups).

The last one seems to be incorrect, if the SAN IP attributes are ignored.
Am I correct?

Sergei Agalakov