Re: BUG #16990: Random PANIC in qemu user context

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #16990: Random PANIC in qemu user context
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Paul Guyot <pguyot@kallisys.net> writes:
> QEMU user emulation documentation mentions something specific to threading on ARM.
> https://qemu.readthedocs.io/en/latest/user/main.html
>> Threading:
>> On Linux, QEMU can emulate the clone syscall and create a real host thread (with a separate virtual CPU) for each
emulatedthread. Note that not all targets currently emulate atomic operations correctly. x86 and Arm use a global lock
inorder to preserve their semantics.

Oooh, that's pretty suggestive.  I wonder just when that "global lock" is
taken or released.  Maybe the timing of it is such that it interferes
with ever seeing our lock as free?