ssl connections to postgresql

От James B. Byrne
Тема ssl connections to postgresql
Дата
Список pgsql-general
PostgreSQL 8.1.9
CentOS 4.5

I have setup postgresql to use ssl and have configured and restarted the
service without error.  I am connecting a web app from a remote httpd host
and I would like to verify that the connection between these two machines
is indeed employing ssl for the application in question.

I can connect from the httpd host to the postgresql host using psql and it
shows that an ssl connection with a 256 bit key is in use.  However, I
would like to verify that the web app is also using ssl and I cannot seem
to find any logging setting or other mechanism that will explicitly state
that the connection made by this application is using ssl.

Is there some confidence check that I can invoke via a log setting or
something else to have the postgresql server state with certainty that the
connection between the app host and the db host is via ssl?

I subscribe to the digest version so the favour of a direct reply in
addition to any sent to this list is requested

Regards,

James B. Byrne                mailto:ByrneJB@Harte-Lyne.ca
Canada  L8E 3C3