Re: syntax error in eRServer.pm line 69

От Bernd Helmle
Тема Re: syntax error in eRServer.pm line 69
Дата
Список pgsql-general
This problem is discussed on erserver-general. There are some patches
available, that solves the problem and Andrew Sullivan posted workarounds
for those didn't get their
tables replicated. If you're not subscribed already, you can read the
archive here:

http://gborg.postgresql.org/pipermail/erserver-general/

--On Mittwoch, September 03, 2003 07:38:52 -0700 Bill Montgomery
<billm@lulu.com> wrote:

> I am installing erserver 1.2 right now, and am having a problem with
> the ers_addslave program. It uses the eRServer.pm perl module, which
> perl is failing to compile. Observe:
>
> [erserver@mybox erserver]$ ers_addslave --slaveserver=myslave
> --slavedb=mydb --slaveuser=myuser --slavepass=mypass
> String found where operator expected at
> /usr/local/erserver/lib/eRServer.pm line 69, near "sprint ",\n""
>         (Do you need to predeclare sprint?)
> syntax error at /usr/local/erserver/lib/eRServer.pm line 69, near
> "sprint ",\n""
> Compilation failed in require at /usr/local/erserver/bin/ers_addslave
> line 13.
> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
> /usr/local/erserver/bin/ers_addslave line 13.
>
> This is line 69 of my eRServer.pm:
>
>         $table_struct .= sprint ",\n";
>
> It looks like the sprint should simply be an sprintf, but I am
> surprised that I found no other mention of this on any of the
> comp.databases.postgresql.* groups. Is this a bug? Am I insane?
>
> TIA,
>
> Bill Montgomery

> TIP 8: explain analyze is your friend

  Bernd