Re: How to determine cause of performance problem?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: How to determine cause of performance problem?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Joost Kraaijeveld <J.Kraaijeveld@Askesis.nl> writes:
> I will test this a for perfomance improvement, but still, I wonder if ~
> 100 inserts/second is a reasonable performance for my software/hardware
> combination.

Is the client code running on the same machine as the database server?
If not, what's the network delay and latency between them?

The major problem you're going to have here is at least one network
round trip per row inserted --- possibly more, if the jdbc driver is
doing "helpful" stuff behind your back like starting/committing
transactions.