RE: rserv

От Mikheev, Vadim
Тема RE: rserv
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> I'm currently creating a new field of type bigint, where I store a
> combination of the primary key, that I can assure will be unique --
> until I get lots of entries in the main tables, that is.
>
> What is the "right" approach for this?

"Right" way would be implement support for multi-column keys in Rserv,
so even for tables without natural PK one could add OID to some existent
key to get uniq identifier for all rows in tables. No one had that
ability so far.
You can use OID as key for Rserv. Unfortunately, you probably will have
to create index on table.oid for better replication performance, but
most likely that index will be useful for replication only, not for
queries.

Vadim