Re: pg_upgrade --check doesn't check pg_pltemplate modifications

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pg_upgrade --check doesn't check pg_pltemplate modifications
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Tomas Barton <barton.tomas@gmail.com> writes:
> Any non-default GRANT/REVOKE like these:

> REVOKE SELECT ON TABLE "pg_catalog"."pg_pltemplate" FROM PUBLIC;
> GRANT SELECT ON TABLE "pg_catalog"."pg_pltemplate" TO "reader";

Uh ... why would you do that?  It seems only academically
different from randomly deleting some catalog entries.

> would break the upgrade process, even though the pg_upgrade --check says:
> *Clusters are compatible*

pg_upgrade has never promised to detect every possible problem.
Considering that pg_pltemplate is gone entirely in v13 and up,
I doubt we're going to want to invest a lot of effort here.