Re: Are large objects well supported? Are they considered very stableto use?

От Chris Bitmead
Тема Re: Are large objects well supported? Are they considered very stableto use?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Thanks for all the suggestions about large objects. To me they sound
nearly a waste of time, partly because they take 2 unix files for each
one, and partly because the minimum size is 16k.

For the moment I think I will use text type in a regular class and just
put up with the restriction of less than 8k. Maybe I will use an "oid
more," link for chaining.

I think the only real solution to this is to remove the arbitrary limits
in postgres as in the 8k record limit and the 8k query buffer limit.

Has anybody thought much about this yet?

--
Chris Bitmead
http://www.bigfoot.com/~chris.bitmead