Re: Pl/Perl function: Speed of the First time executing pl/perl function in connection;

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Pl/Perl function: Speed of the First time executing pl/perl function in connection;
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Is a one-off cost per connection of 100ms so bothersome?

I think the complaint is that there's no obvious reason for it to be so
high.

On my Fedora 9 machine, the overhead to start plperl seems to be about
40 msec.  This compares unfavorably to the time to start perl from the
command line, which is under 4 msec.  I see that /usr/bin/perl pulls in
libperl.so, so it's paying the same shlib overhead as we do.  How is it
that we take ten times longer to start up?

Сообщение: Re: Pl/Perl function: Speed of the First time executing pl/perl function in connection;
Сообщение: Re: Pl/Perl function: Speed of the First time executing pl/perl function in connection;