Re: How are locks managed in PG?

От Jonah H. Harris
Тема Re: How are locks managed in PG?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sun, Dec 21, 2008 at 9:42 PM, David Fetter <david@fetter.org> wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 21, 2008 at 08:46:15PM -0500, Jonah H. Harris wrote:

>> > None of the above.  We're smarter than everyone else.
>>
>> Which is why Oracle's locks are more scalable than PG's?
>
> You've been talking about your super-secret test which you allege,
> quite implausibly, I might add, to have Oracle (8i, even!) blowing
> PostgreSQL's doors off for weeks now.
>
> Put up, or shut up.

Same to the standard PG B.S. responses such as, "None of the above.
We're smarter than everyone else."  When's the last time Alvaro used
or tuned Oracle?  Does he have a clue about how Oracle locks scale?
Stop complaining.

--
Jonah H. Harris, Senior DBA
myYearbook.com

Сообщение: Re: How are locks managed in PG?
Сообщение: Re: How are locks managed in PG?