Re: [pgsql-advocacy] [ADMIN] Postgres VS Oracle

От Jonah H. Harris
Тема Re: [pgsql-advocacy] [ADMIN] Postgres VS Oracle
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On 6/18/07, Joshua D. Drake <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:
> Yeah funny how you didn't do that ;) (of course neither did I).

I agree, an oops on my part :)

> It is amazing how completely misguided you are in this response. I
> haven't said anything closed minded. I only responded to your rather
> antagonistic response to a reasonably innocuous question of: "As a
> cynic, I might ask, what Oracle is fearing? "

I wasn't responding to you, just to the seemingly closed-mindedness of
the original question/statement.  We're all aware of the reasons, for
and against, proprietary system licenses prohibiting benchmarking.

> It is a good question to ask, and a good question to discuss.

Certainly, but can one expect to get a realistic answer to an, "is
Oracle fearing something" question on he PostgreSQL list?  Or was it
just a backhanded attempt at pushing the topic again?  My vote is for
the latter; it served no purpose other than to push the
competitiveness topic again.

> I haven't seen any bashing going on yet. Shall we start with the closed
> mindedness and unfairness of per cpu license and support models?

Not preferably, you make me type too much :)

--
Jonah H. Harris, Software Architect | phone: 732.331.1324
EnterpriseDB Corporation            | fax: 732.331.1301