Re: drupal.org MySQL database issues

От Jonah H. Harris
Тема Re: drupal.org MySQL database issues
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
On 5/16/07, Brian Hurt <bhurt@janestcapital.com> wrote:
> I have never understood the purpose of having more than one "backend" to
> the database.  As near as I can figure, it's only purpose is to allow
> people to pick the wrong one.

Umm, because MySQL copied others... like POSTGRES (which was one of
the first to implement that concept).  While their multiple storage
manager implementation lacks several items key to good performance, it
does give the end-user a choice to implement the one that fits their
particular needs and workload.

MySQL is *not* the only database which supports multiple storage engines.

--
Jonah H. Harris, Software Architect | phone: 732.331.1324
EnterpriseDB Corporation            | fax: 732.331.1301

Сообщение: Re: drupal.org MySQL database issues
Сообщение: Re: drupal.org MySQL database issues