Re: Summer of Code idea

От Jonah H. Harris
Тема Re: Summer of Code idea
Дата
Re: Summer of Code idea  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Re: Summer of Code idea  (Christopher Kings-Lynne <chris.kings-lynne@calorieking.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 4/27/06, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com> wrote:
> We talked about it when GCC announced their switch.  The conclusion was
> that our grammar is still too much a moving target, so it would be too
> difficult to mantain such a grammar.

For the sake of saying again, I already have a recursive-descent
parser for PostgreSQL written in a PCCTS grammar.  It's something I
started writing years ago, but I'd be willing to consider open
sourcing it if the PostgreSQL community will really entertain the
thought of switching.

Unfortunately, this discussion usually ends up with, "why would we
want to change what we have now when it already works?"

--
Jonah H. Harris, Database Internals Architect
EnterpriseDB Corporation