Re: Google SoC--Idea Request

От Jonah H. Harris
Тема Re: Google SoC--Idea Request
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> I doubt this is SoC material, simply because the issues have little to
> do with coding and a lot to do with persuading people to drop default
> support for old platforms.  Which is not something a student is likely
> to succeed at.

While the student could do some benchmarking on relatively new
hardware and make suggestions, I agree with Tom.  Having to keep
support for older platforms doesn't leave much flexibility to change
the defaults.

I just don't see enough work here to warrant a SoC project.

--
Jonah H. Harris, Database Internals Architect
EnterpriseDB Corporation