Re: pg_class catalog question...

От Jonah H. Harris
Тема Re: pg_class catalog question...
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Changing that is not "impossible", but the level of pain vastly exceeds
> what this feature would be worth.

I really like the wording, "the level of pain"... so true :)

> you could create one or more fixed-size datatypes (ie, with various
> positive typlen values).  But I don't see a practical way to use a
> typmod in determining the physical width.

Thanks for the suggestion and caution.  I hope to look into this when
I get some time in the next month or so.  Likewise, I will inform
everyone of my planned implementation after some inspection.

--
Jonah H. Harris, Database Internals Architect
EnterpriseDB Corporation