Re: Separate BLCKSZ for data and logging

От Jonah H. Harris
Тема Re: Separate BLCKSZ for data and logging
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 3/16/06, Mark Wong <markw@osdl.org> wrote:
I've been wondering if there might be anything to gain by having a
separate block size for logging and data.  I thought I might try
defining DATA_BLCKSZ and LOG_BLCKSZ and see what kind of trouble I get
myself into.

If you're going to try it out, here's a starting point based on the block sizes used by Oracle:

512 bytes on Linux, Solaris, AIX, Windows
1K on HP-UX and Tru64
2K on SCO
4K on MVS

--
Jonah H. Harris, Database Internals Architect
EnterpriseDB Corporation