Re: Restoring a Full Cluster on a Different Architecture (32 x 64)

От Jonah H. Harris
Тема Re: Restoring a Full Cluster on a Different Architecture (32 x 64)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 3/13/06, Rodrigo Hjort <rodrigo.hjort@gmail.com> wrote:
As the architecture on both Linuxes are different (32 and 64 bits), I think "PGDATA/global/pg_control" might contains 64 bit data such that the 32 bits binary won't recognize or even mispell it. Am I right?

Yes, the platform architecture is key.  You won't be able to read the 64-bit data files on a 32-bit box.

What could be done in order to fix it? Is there any kind of application to translate it or the only solution was to "pg_dumpall" and "pg_restore" the cluster?

Yes, dump and restore is the best way to go.

--
Jonah H. Harris, Database Internals Architect
EnterpriseDB Corporation