Re: 8.2 Feature Freeze Rough Estimate

От Jonah H. Harris
Тема Re: 8.2 Feature Freeze Rough Estimate
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Cool...

I'm looking forward to 8.2... Ever since 8.x, it seems like we're progressing rather quickly on performance enhancements, fixes, and new additions.

Robert Treat <xzilla@users.sourceforge.net> writes:
> I'm trying to plan out a few postgresql related projects and could use some
> intuition on when folks think the feature freeze for 8.2 is going to occur.

After some discussion among core, we've agreed to set August 1 as the
tentative feature freeze date for 8.2.  This is a year from the freeze
for 8.1, and there doesn't seem to be any good reason to let the
development cycle run longer than that.  Of course, we'll change the
date if some good reason emerges, but for now let's plan around Aug 1.

TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend

--
Jonah H. Harris, Database Internals Architect
EnterpriseDB Corporation

Сообщение: Re: Automatic free space map filling
Сообщение: Re: Automatic free space map filling