Re: 8.2 Feature Freeze Rough Estimate

От Jonah H. Harris
Тема Re: 8.2 Feature Freeze Rough Estimate
Дата
Re: 8.2 Feature Freeze Rough Estimate  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Bruce,

I haven't had much time to finish up on the WITH recursive/hierarchical query stuff yet, but was wondering when you see it having to be completed if freeze is in August?  Would May 1st be too late?

On 3/1/06, Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us> wrote:
Robert Treat wrote:
> I'm trying to plan out a few postgresql related projects and could use some
> intuition on when folks think the feature freeze for 8.2 is going to occur. I
> thought it was going to be in Nov 06, but after talking to a couple of
> people, I've also heard that Aug 06 and Feb 07 seem to be possibilities.
> Obviously this makes quite a bit of difference for long term planning... I
> don't need an exact date, but if we could get an inkling on a given month or
> 2 month timeframe if its going to be this year, or just a "sometime next
> year" if its going to be that far out, that would be great.   TIA

Good question.  I haven't seen any major feature go in yet that begs for
a new release, so I am guessing feature freeze will be sometime in the
June-August 2006 timeframe.  It could be later, but I doubt it would be
earlier.

--
  Bruce Momjian   http://candle.pha.pa.us
  SRA OSS, Inc.   http://www.sraoss.com

               http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq

--
Jonah H. Harris, Database Internals Architect
EnterpriseDB Corporation