Re: PostgreSQL roadmap for 8.2 and beyond.

От Jonah H. Harris
Тема Re: PostgreSQL roadmap for 8.2 and beyond.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
/me has started working on hierarchical query support that I'd like to get into 8.2.

On 10/17/05, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us > wrote:
Dave Cramer <pg@fastcrypt.com > writes:
> On 17-Oct-05, at 1:43 PM, Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:
>> ISTM them that the RETURNING patch as given solves your problem
>> nicely.

> Well, the driver still needs to know ahead of time which columns are
> going to be autogenerated.

Possibly you could define that as "all columns that are not specified in
the INSERT command and have column default expressions".  The first is
knowable with very little parsing of the command, and the second can be
learned from the catalog metadata that you're probably reading anyway.

If the JDBC spec has a more specific definition of "autogenerated" than
"has a default", then what is it?

TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

--
Respectfully,

Jonah H. Harris, Database Internals Architect
EnterpriseDB Corporation
http://www.enterprisedb.com/

Сообщение: Re: slower merge join on sorted data chosen over nested loop
Сообщение: Re: slower merge join on sorted data chosen over