Re: [HACKERS] Added documentation about caching, reliability

От Jonah H. Harris
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Added documentation about caching, reliability
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
IMHO, spelling out each one is redundant... the first one "Write-Ahead Logging (WAL)" seems to define WAL for use later in the text.

On 9/28/05, Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us> wrote:
Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 28, 2005 at 02:26:24PM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > I have added a section to the top of the WAL docs explaining caching and
> > reliability issues:
> >
> >     http://candle.pha.pa.us/main/writings/pgsql/sgml/reliability.html
> >
> > I also renamed the chapter "Reilability" rather than "WAL."
>
> While you are re-titling the docs, maybe the sections on that chapter
> could be titled "Benefits of Write-Ahead Log" instead of "Benefits of
> WAL", etc.

The chapter sections are:

        Table of Contents
        26.1. Write-Ahead Logging (WAL)
        26.2. Benefits of WAL
        26.3. WAL Configuration
        26.4. WAL Internals

Are you suggesting we spell out Write-Ahead Logging for all section
titles?

--
  Bruce Momjian                        |  http://candle.pha.pa.us
  pgman@candle.pha.pa.us               |  (610) 359-1001

Respectfully,

Jonah H. Harris, Database Internals Architect
EnterpriseDB Corporation
http://www.enterprisedb.com/