Re: uuid type for postgres

От Jonah H. Harris
Тема Re: uuid type for postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Greg, thanks for saying it... I was thinking the same thing.

Not that it really relates to the UUID data type inclusion discussion itself, but I think this application design and use case for UUID is an example of using a data type for the wrong purpose.  Application design-wise, security should be handled in a true *security* way, not by obfuscating a key (unless you're Microsoft :)).  And, as Greg said, why not use a SHA1 hash instead... it would be easier than writing a whole new type implementation.

I haven't yet gotten a chance to check out the code but plan to soon.

On 9/8/05, Greg Sabino Mullane <greg@turnstep.com> wrote:

TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

--
Respectfully,

Jonah H. Harris, Database Internals Architect
EnterpriseDB Corporation
http://www.enterprisedb.com/

Сообщение: Re: Attention PL authors: want to be listed in template table?
Сообщение: Re: Attention PL authors: want to be listed in template table?