Re: PL/pgSQL: Incomplete item Allow handling of %TYPE arrays, e.g. tab.col%TYPE[]

От Quan Zongliang
Тема Re: PL/pgSQL: Incomplete item Allow handling of %TYPE arrays, e.g. tab.col%TYPE[]
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On 2023/10/16 20:05, Pavel Stehule wrote:

> po 16. 10. 2023 v 13:56 odesílatel Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se
> <mailto:daniel@yesql.se>> napsal:
>
>      > On 16 Oct 2023, at 12:15, Quan Zongliang <quanzongliang@yeah.net
>     <mailto:quanzongliang@yeah.net>> wrote:
>
>      > Implement TODO item:
>      > PL/pgSQL
>      > Incomplete item Allow handling of %TYPE arrays, e.g. tab.col%TYPE[]
>
>     Cool!  While I haven't looked at the patch yet, I've wanted this
>     myself many
>     times in the past when working with large plpgsql codebases.
>
>      > As a first step, deal only with [], such as
>      > xxx.yyy%TYPE[]
>      > xxx%TYPE[]
>      >
>      > It can be extended to support multi-dimensional and complex
>     syntax in the future.
>
>     Was this omitted due to complexity of implementation or for some
>     other reason?

Because of complexity.

> There is no reason for describing enhancement. The size and dimensions
> of postgresql arrays are dynamic, depends on the value, not on
> declaration. Now, this information is ignored, and can be compatibility
> break to check and enforce this info.

Yes. I don't think it's necessary.
If anyone needs it, we can continue to enhance it in the future.

От: Quan Zongliang
Сообщение: Re: PL/pgSQL: Incomplete item Allow handling of %TYPE arrays, e.g. tab.col%TYPE[]