Re: Hindi Translation patch

От Robins Tharakan
Тема Re: Hindi Translation patch
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
Hi Guillaume,

(I made two mistakes in my previous email, first I sent the diff of the po files, second I didn't compress them. So probably I hit some size filters again this time.)

In my spare time I've started adding to the Hindi translation file. Is anyone else working on it ? Since the current hindi file is almost as good as nothing and since I'm doing only a few (20-30) translations per day, would it be fine if I send in partly done po/mo files from time to time ? Completing the whole set and then sending it in seems like very very far away !

Regards,
Robins Tharakan

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Robins Tharakan <tharakan@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 10:43 PM
Subject: Hindi Translation patch
To: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume@lelarge.info>, pgadmin-hackers@postgresql.org

Hi Guillaume,

(I am mailing this to you since the documentation says that you're in charge of PgAdmin Internationalisation)

I have been on this list for a short while and recently saw that the hindi language file is essentially a namesake translation file right now. I am well versed with reading and writing in hindi, and would like to take a shot at contributing to the hindi translation file.

Attached is a patch which tries to translate a few phrases in hindi. It also adds the correct Hindi translation of the word 'hindi' in the i18n/pgadmin3.lng file.

The file is created using poedit as recommended by the translation documentation, however I used Google Indic Transliteration for actual typing, and so I wanted you to take a look at a sample, before I put more effort to this, in my spare time. (spare time = time when I get tired of working on the foreign key combo box ;-) )

Any and all feedback is welcome.

Regards,
Robins Tharakan