Re: [HACKERS] SET AUTO TRANSACTION

От Thomas Lockhart
Тема Re: [HACKERS] SET AUTO TRANSACTION
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> I'd like to make the automatic transaction starting of ecpg a function
> adjustable on a per connection base. My best bet is to add a variable
> and allow something like:
> exec sql [at connection] set autotrans = 1;
> The question now is how do I name this variable? It seems to me that
> there is not much in the standard that would limit my choice, is it?

The Ingres syntax is
 SET AUTOCOMMIT ON;

which is clearer than setting a variable. We do allow the syntax
 SET item TO value;

which is almost as clear:
 SET AUTOCOMMIT TO ON;

But I think it would be appropriate to not require quotes around a
string or an integer argument for this important option.
                      - Tom

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] PostgreSQL LOGO (was: Developers Globe (FINAL))
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] PostgreSQL LOGO (was: Developers Globe (FINAL))