problems with a view

От Peter Blazso
Тема problems with a view
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi all,

I have problems with SELECTing a view that I had been able to create.
The postmaster just keeps dropping the line as I'm trying to SELECT from
that view I had already defined (SQL statements/definititions attached).

I made a workaround (without using views) since I saw something about
buggy views in the new documentation and I thought I had found
something. This try was a bigger join which included everything (and did
more filtering):

SELECT subject, type
FROM students, subjects, examtypes
WHERE students.profession = subjects.profession     AND
      students.pk = myid()                          AND
      subjects.exams[ mysemester() ] = examtypes.pk AND
      examtypes.admin = 'yes';

I was glad because it worked but after a few tries the postmaster
dropped me out again... I did not give up and recreated the database but
it unfortunately it came up with the same bug.

I have a Linux (2.0.34) and Postgres 6.4.2. Please, if anyone knows
anything that I can do, share it with me! I'd be very grateful!

Thanks in advance,
Peter Blazso

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] trouble with sum
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] trouble with sum