Re: [HACKERS] Associative Operators? (Was: Re: [NOVICE] Out of frying pan, into fire)

От Ross J. Reedstrom
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Associative Operators? (Was: Re: [NOVICE] Out of frying pan, into fire)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Clark Evans wrote:

<snipped discussion of 'something || NULL ' returning non-NULL>

> However, I'm unaware of any other exceptions in the Oracle
> database on this issue.  I believe that user defined functions
> are not allowed to have special NULL treatment -- perhaps
> Oracle has DECODE and NVL hard coded deep in the guts of
> their query processor, while the other functions arn't.
>
> Would a compromise be to add DECODE and NVL ?

What do DECODE and NVL do?

Ross
NSBRI Research Scientist/Programmer

От: Michael Davis
Сообщение: RE: [HACKERS] parser enhancement request for 6.5
От: Michael Davis
Сообщение: RE: [HACKERS] Associative Operators? (Was: Re: [NOVICE] Out of f rying pan, into fire)