Re: [HACKERS] Re: postmaster dies (was Re: Very disappointing performance)

От secret
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Re: postmaster dies (was Re: Very disappointing performance)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:

> >     Would strace work instead of truss?  I have strace... Will you be able to
> > interpret the strace files & determine the problem do you think?
> >
> >     You've been the only one to respond on this, so I'm a tad worried about
> > being left out in the cold on this one... I'd be glad to pay for support if
> > there is a place I can do that, heck I pay for support on other software
> > products, why not PostgreSQL?
> >
> >     Please let me know.  I'll begin an strace tonight...
>
> I can't imagine he has enough disk space for truss/ktrace output for a
> full day of backend activity, does he?
>
> --
>   Bruce Momjian                        |  http://www.op.net/~candle
>   maillist@candle.pha.pa.us            |  (610) 853-3000
   Ur, I'll postpone this to Thursday, when I can monitor the disk space very
carefully, how much space are we talking about here?  1G? 2G? 3G? 10G?
   Maybe I can temporarily install a hard disk just for that purpose....  There
are only a few users on the database, it really isn't *THAT* active.

--David

От: Peter T Mount
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Globe
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Associative Operators? (Was: Re: [NOVICE] Out of frying pan, into fire)