Re: [HACKERS] Niladic functions

От Thomas G. Lockhart
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Niladic functions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> > > This appears to be untrue.  Is this a change since 6.4 or is there
> > > some cases where using CURRENT_TIMESTAMP will not do the expected
> > > thing?
> This paragraph says that CURRENT_TIMESTAMP is evaluated at the time
> the table is defined yet I tested this with a current version and it
> actually gets evaluated at INSERT time.

You are right; I had changed the parser to force a string into the parse
tree rather than a constant. Would you be interested in sending patches
for the docs? :)

> > > Also, the title of the document (The PostgreSQL Development Team)
> > > seems to be incorrect.
> > My browser shows that as the second line, just under the title
> > "PostgreSQL", as I intended. What browser are you using?
> Sorry, my misunderstanding.  I didn't realize that PostgreSQL was the
> title of this particular document.  Anyway, the link to this page is
> "Integrated Document" so there is a small inconsistency.

The problem is that this is a document integrated from all of the other
documents for purposes of HTML formatting and browsing. I wanted to make
clear that all of the information appears somewhere in the other
documents.
                    - Tom