Re: [HACKERS] parser enhancement request for 6.5

От Thomas G. Lockhart
Тема Re: [HACKERS] parser enhancement request for 6.5
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> I have a problem with Access97 not working properly when entering new
> records using a sub form, i.e. entering a new order/orderlines or
> master and detail tables.  The problem is caused by a SQL statement
> that Access97 makes involving NULL.  The syntax that fails is
> "column_name" = NULL.  The following attachment was provided by
> -Jose'-.  It contains a very small enhancement to gram.y that will
> allow Access97 to work properly with sub forms.  Can this enhancement
> be added to release 6.5?

I recall discussing this earlier, and after the obligatory objection
that this is non-standard (a la everything M$) it should be OK to do it.
I could have sworn that I'd made this fix, but can't see it in current
sources and can't see any evidence that it ever was :(

Will enable this for v6.5, with the proviso that it is fair game for
removal if it ever conflicts with other SQL parsing needs.
                    - Tom