Re: [bug fix] ECPG app crashes due to SIGBUS on SPARC Solaris

От MauMau
Тема Re: [bug fix] ECPG app crashes due to SIGBUS on SPARC Solaris
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
From: "Michael Meskes" <meskes@postgresql.org>
> What happens to the regression test suite on your system? There are test
> cases
> that access a descriptor in a similar way I think.

OK, I'll run the ECPG regression test on Solaris without the patch.  Please
wait until Jan 6 2014 or so, because we've just entered new year holidays
here in Japan.

> How did you decide which values to put in? I fail to see a reason for
> choosing
> exactly these values.

Yes, the value is arbitrary except it should be non-zero so that ECPGdo()
can execute the else block.  And the lengths here are irrelevant to the
actual processing.  I thought the original 0 was chosen arbitrarily and I
could do so too.  If I can do better, please let me know that.

Regards
MauMau