Re: [HACKERS] postmaster failure with 2-23 snapshot

От Brian P Millett
Тема Re: [HACKERS] postmaster failure with 2-23 snapshot
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
The Hermit Hacker wrote:

> On Thu, 25 Feb 1999, Tom Lane wrote:
>
> Is there any way (sysctl?) of determining the max # of semaphores
> configured into a system?

Mark, I don't know if this is what you want, but with solaris, I can see what is
the current setup using "sysdef".  At the end of the output, I have this:

*
* IPC Semaphores
*  128  entries in semaphore map (SEMMAP)  128  semaphore identifiers (SEMMNI) 8192  semaphores in system (SEMMNS) 8192
undo structures in system (SEMMNU)   64  max semaphores per id (SEMMSL)   32  max operations per semop call (SEMOPM)
32 max undo entries per process (SEMUME)32767  semaphore maximum value (SEMVMX)16384  adjust on exit max value
(SEMAEM)
*
* IPC Shared Memory
* 16777216      max shared memory segment size (SHMMAX)    1  min shared memory segment size (SHMMIN)  100  shared
memoryidentifiers (SHMMNI)   51  max attached shm segments per process (SHMSEG)

*
* Time Sharing Scheduler Tunables
*
60      maximum time sharing user priority (TSMAXUPRI)
SYS     system class name (SYS_NAME)

--
Brian Millett
Enterprise Consulting Group     "Heaven can not exist,