Re: Yosemite (OSX 10.0) problems with Postgresql

От Jerry Levan
Тема Re: Yosemite (OSX 10.0) problems with Postgresql
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Oct 20, 2014, at 7:45 AM, Michael Paquier <michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 20, 2014 at 9:26 PM, Jerry Levan <jerry.levan@gmail.com> wrote:
> 1) The upgrade evidently *deletes* directories pg_tblspc, pg_twophase, and pg_stat_tmp from
>    the postgresql data directory. Google said to recreate the missing directories and indeed
>    Postgresql then was able to start.

> That's a good way to corrupt your data if using 2PC and tablespaces. (Be sure to take a backup before the upgrade).
It might be the case that the deletion would occur if the directories were empty (As they
are on all of my systems ). Perhaps we will find out in a couple of days ;(

> 2) SystemStarter is no longer available. Gulp… I am not a very good plist creator.
>   Is there a fairly generic plist I can edit to specify my locations of the
>   software bits so I can have postgresql started at boot time?

> That's not surprising, this feature is deprecated in Mavericks. And launched?

Yeah, launchd is still around, that is why I need a .plist file so I can start
Postgresql at boot time.

> --
> Michael

Jerry

От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: Re: Yosemite (OSX 10.0) problems with Postgresql
От: Raghu Ram
Сообщение: Re: Yosemite (OSX 10.0) problems with Postgresql