[Fwd: Help with Postgres]

От Edmund Mergl
Тема [Fwd: Help with Postgres]
Дата
Список pgsql-general
 Hi,

I know I should not be bothering you with this, but I do not know as yet
any help groups, IRC channels, etc for postgres stuff.

1.  Firstly, how would I implement a composite key in postgres?

I tried the following :

create table temp (
i int PRIMARY KEY,
j int PRIMARY KEY);

but it didn't work.

2.  This question concerns referential integrity.  I have noticed that
when I include clauses like REFERENCES table, nothing of the sort
happens.  I can still insert any gibberish into these fields.  How would
I implement referential integrity, and cascading of deletions and
updates?

Thanks, your help is much appreciated!

MANIK SURTANI