GIS/GPS Experiences with pgsql?

От Bryan Mattern
Тема GIS/GPS Experiences with pgsql?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I'm working on a personal project to develop some sort of GPS software
for Linux.  I was talking with a friend the other day and he let me
borrow a "TIGER/Line CD" (!1990!) from the US Bureau of the Census.  I
know the data is old, but I just wanted to test it with PostgreSQL.  I
don't know all that much about GIS maps, there might be a better source
I don't know about, but the data seems pretty easy to rip apart and
pitch into PostgreSQL.

Has anyone done anything like this?  If so, is there any info on the
web?  I checked the old mailing list archives, but they were not much
help.

I'm using perl to get lat./long./velocity from a GPS sensor and would
like to extract data from PostgreSQL to draw/label the maps.

Any ideas or help would be great.

thx,

--bryan

-- Failure is not an option. It comes