Re: [HACKERS] Re: [GENERAL] A mistake generates strange result

От Thomas G. Lockhart
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Re: [GENERAL] A mistake generates strange result
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> So it should be fixed in 6.5.  (Thomas, could this be back-patched
> into 6.4.3?)

Not likely, since it defined a couple of new procedures in the system
tables to do explicit string to float8 conversions.

The only v6.4.3-compatible patch we can make is to remove the "binary
equivalence" between datetime and float8, which I had put in to allow
more date arithmetic (a lazy solution, but it seemed a good idea at the
time :/ I have a patch to do that, but have not applied it to either
tree yet.
                   - Tom