Re: [HACKERS] Re: [SQL] Functional Indexes

От Thomas G. Lockhart
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Re: [SQL] Functional Indexes
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
> > I don't think lower is defined for varchar arguments.
> Note to hackers: is there a good reason why indexes are more
> restrictive?  Offhand it seems like the same physical-equivalence
> trick could be applied.

Well, we should have a combination of "binary compatible" and type
coersion to make this fly, just as we have in other places for v6.4. I
didn't realize this index code was there, so never looked at it.

If someone else doesn't get to it, I'll try to look at it before or
during 6.5beta...

                       - Tom