PL/TCL bug (?)

От Daniele Orlandi
Тема PL/TCL bug (?)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

I'm having serious problems with postgresql and TCL as a procedural language.

I did a clean compilantion and install --with-tcl.
I did an initdb, created the language and a demo function found on the site.

This is the result:

a=> create function pltcl_call_handler() returns opaque
a->         as '/usr/postgres/lib/pltcl.so'
a->         language 'C';
CREATE
a=>
a=> create trusted procedural language 'pltcl'
a->         handler pltcl_call_handler
a->         lancompiler 'PL/Tcl';
CREATE
a=> CREATE FUNCTION tcl_max (int4, int4) RETURNS int4 AS '
a'>         if {$1 > $2} {return $1}
a'>         return $2
a'>     ' LANGUAGE 'pltcl';
CREATE
a=> select tcl_max(3,7);
ERROR:  Load of file /usr/postgres/lib/pltcl.so failed: /usr/lib/libtcl8.0.so:
undefined symbol: stat

a=> select tcl_max(3,7);
pqReadData() -- backend closed the channel unexpectedly.       This probably means the backend terminated abnormally
beforeor while

processing the request.
We have lost the connection to the backend, so further processing is
impossible.  Terminating.

The same happens on two other 6.4.0 - 6.4.2 installations. All machines are
Intel based RedHat 5.2 Linuxes with kernel 2.0.36, tcl-8.0.3.
I wasn't able to test this with the current snapshot because I hadn't been able
to initdb.

Any guess ?

Bye!

-- Daniele