Re: [GENERAL] Variable as a variable name in PL/pgSQL

От Daniele Orlandi
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Variable as a variable name in PL/pgSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Anatoly K. Lasareff" wrote:

> Excuse my english :(

Excuse mine too :^)

> I think this is impossible in 'plpgsql', because it is pre-compilrd
> language.

That's what I was fearing... Unfortunatelly that is the only thing that stops me
for implementing the whole trigger set...

What's about PL/TCL ?

I know it can be done in C, but I prefer to use a higher level language. The
proformances are not an issue as triggers run seldom.

> But there is, in my mind, no problem write script on any 'usual' language,
> such as perl. This script can take data from your table, and send nesessary
> SQL queries to server.

Nope, I has to be a trigger :^(

Thanks!

Bye!

--
 Daniele

"MSDOS didn't get as bad as it is overnight -- it took over ten years
of careful development."
(By dmeggins@aix1.uottawa.ca)
 Dal 28-09-1998, con un solo POP abbiamo fatto guadagnare a telecom italia
 15.767.177 Lire solo in scatti alla risposta. Non male eh ?
 Daniele Orlandi - Utility Line Italia - http://www.orlandi.com
 Via Mezzera 29/A - 20030 - Seveso (MI) - Italy