Re: [INTERFACES] More about large objects

От Thomas G. Lockhart
Тема Re: [INTERFACES] More about large objects
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
> The postgresql docs, I posted the url didn't I?

Uh, yes. I'm familiar with that document, and it is accurate, at least
on that topic.

> So according to this, the large objects are stored in the table  But
> from what I gather from the earlier large object talk, and from my
> own observation, postgres uses external files.  Am I deluded?  Am I
> missing something?

Yes and yes again :)

The current large object implementation stores and accesses files within
the Postgres server. All access to the files happen through the standard
client-server connection.

Internally, Postgres stores all information in files, one file per
table, index, or large object. The large object files can be identified
with a file prefix of "xinv_" (I think; didn't check so it may be
something else) within the internal data storage directory
$(PGDATA)/base/dbname/

Hope this helps...

                     - Tom