Re: [INTERFACES] LinuxODBC

От Thomas G. Lockhart
Тема Re: [INTERFACES] LinuxODBC
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
> - Has an ODBC driver been ported to Linux (I found Win32 source but no
> Linux and one bad link to Sergey)?

A good one is distributed with the Postgres source code, under the BSD
license. My experience was that at least one other driver (postODBC?)
was not as mature at the time, though I recently heard a good report. A
lot must have been added in the meantime...

> - Can LinuxODBC coordinate with those who harbour the Win32 version of
> the ODBC driver to create a portable driver (in the same thinking as
> iODBC)? We would be willing to do most of the work as long as we know
> that at the end of the day we are dealing with one source code for
> this ODBC driver (that way new features will arrive on both platforms
> at the same time and with minimum of work)?

The primary WIN32 developer/maintainer for psqlODBC is Byron Nikolaidis
who is copied on this message. A few of us have helped with the
Linux/Unix port of this code, and the source code currently supports
both Linux and WIN32.

I'm not certain of the licensing ramifications, but istm that one may be
able to convert BSD to GPL. But others will have more experience on that
issue.

                       - Tom