LinuxODBC

От Peter Harvey
Тема LinuxODBC
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
Hi,

The LinuxODBC Project wants to certify a postgreSQL ODBC driver for
Linux. We would also like to incorporate the driver into the LinuxODBC
infrastructure.

LinuxODBC comprises many components. Its starts with the iODBC driver
manager. We are making contributions to enhance that product (it is now
LGPL). We have added our own odbcinst library and command tool (also
LGPL and GPL). Furthermore we have created GUI clients for Linux such
as; ODBCConfig and a DataManager (both use ODBC and ODBCINST calls).

Finally we have started a certification program. We are already working
on MiniSQL and MySQL. We have received requests for PostgreSQL to be
among the first wave of drivers.

All fo this is OpenSource (ie GPL or LGPL).

see http://www.codebydesign.com/LinuxODBC

QUESTIONS

- Has an ODBC driver been ported to Linux (I found Win32 source but no
Linux and one bad link to Sergey)?
- Can LinuxODBC coordinate with those who harbour the Win32 version of
the ODBC driver to create a portable driver (in the same thinking as
iODBC)? We would be willing to do most of the work as long as we know
that at the end of the day we are dealing with one source code for this
ODBC driver (that way new features will arrive on both platforms at the
same time and with minimum of work)?

Peter Harvey