Someone was asking about MEMO fields and sizes?

От Robert Chalmers
Тема Someone was asking about MEMO fields and sizes?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
This ability to use ODBC with access is pure magic!

I created a database on the Access machine, and in that I created a table, with
a memo field.
I exported the table to the postgres database.
I looked at the structure of the table in pgsql, and the memo filed is type
TEXT of var length. As it says in the docs. magic. I love it.
I deleted the table from the Access database, then Linked the same(new) table
from the pgsql database, so I can populate it from the Access machine. pure
magic.

so, apart from my enthusiasm for this deal....

Memo fileds become unlimited length TEXT fields.  ( Well I don't know about
unlimited, but big enough I guess.)

bob

--
http://www.chalmers.com.au. Publications From China in 24 different languages.
English, French, German, Russian, Arabic, Spanish, Chinese, Burmese, Bengali,