Re: [GENERAL] Postgres' DBI(Pg) problems.

От Kevin Lo
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Postgres' DBI(Pg) problems.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Rimi Lehn wrote:

>         Your script worked for me (I skipped everything related to
> forms-lib), but :
>
> - /* xxxx */ C-style comments are not allowed by perl (line #2)
> - you should $sth->finish() and $dbh->disconnect() at the end of your
>   script to avoid warnings ("Database handle destroyed without
>   explicit disconnect.")

OK, added.

>         I assumed that your table course has two fields, both are
> type text. Check that your fields are not numbers (inserted values
> are quoted (line #13)).
>
>         You can replace $sth->prepare() and $sth->execute() by a
> $sth->do( "your query" ); as your query has no output row.
>
>         Check your web server's logs. At least for apache, stderr
> of cgi scripts is dumped in an error log. Try running your script
> offline. A common mistake is not having access to your database
> with the uid endorsed by your web server (apache usually runs
> cgi scripts as nobody which may not have INSERT permissions on
> the table).

I checked the log file of Apache server, I got an error message:

[Mon Jan 18 18:12:01 1999] [notice] httpd: caught SIGTERM, shutting down
[Mon Jan 18 21:48:28 1999] [notice] Apache/1.3.1 (Unix) configured -- resuming
normal operations
install_driver(Pg) failed: Can't load
'/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/i386-freebsd/auto/DBD/Pg/Pg.so' for module DBD::Pg:
Can't find shared library "libpq.so.2.0" at
/usr/local/lib/perl5/i386-freebsd/5.00404/DynaLoader.pm line 166.

 at (eval 1) line 2

 at /home/kevin/public_html/example.pl line 14

I've already set enviroment variables PGLIB and LD_LIBRARY_PAHT in .login.
libpq.so.2.0 is in /usr/local/pgsql/lib directory. I don't install mod_perl with
Apache.
Should I install mod_perl?  Would you tell me how to solve this problem, thanks.

Best regards,
Kevin.