Re: vacuumdb: PANIC: corrupted item pointer

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: vacuumdb: PANIC: corrupted item pointer
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> FWIW, a look in the source code shows that the 'corrupted item pointer'
>> message comes only from PageIndexTupleDelete, so that indicates a
>> damaged index which should be fixable by reindexing.

> Tom - could it be damage to a shared system-catalogue, and template1
> just the first DB to be vacuumed?

Possible, but in any case the other error indicates an independent
problem.

> It just strikes me as odd that an
> index on template1 would be corrupted - assuming it's your typical empty
> template1 and is just being connected to during DB creation etc.

Yeah, I was wondering about that too.  PageIndexTupleDelete wouldn't
even get called unless there was something to delete, which indicates
a table that's been changed.  Is the OP in the habit of doing real work
in template1?