Re: A better AND query?

От Just Someone
Тема Re: A better AND query?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
The schema can change, but I rather not.

The use case is a web app where you can tag items with tags
(many-2-many). There are multiple items you can tag: contacts,
schedules, lists, etc... And then you can search and categorize by
tags. The standard for this if you look aroung the web is to retrieve
the tagged records with any of the tags you select. Effectively an OR
query.

What I'm trying to do is search for items matching multiple tags at
the same time - and AND query. So that I can bring up all contacts
that are tagged with friends and movie-lovers.

Hope that clears it up a bit...

Guy.

--
Family management on rails: http://www.famundo.com - coming soon!