WAL archiving and deletion of the WAL segments

От Just Someone
Тема WAL archiving and deletion of the WAL segments
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I implemented wal archiving and it seems to be working. The segments
are being copied by the shell script, and in the pg_log file I see
this line:

LOG:  archived transaction log file "000000010000001D00000096"

But the file is still int he pg_xlog directory. In the documentation I
read that it might either delete or recycle the segment files. As I
still see it in the directory, I want to make absolutely sure my
archiving is working correctly.

So my question is: Is what I'm seeing meaning the WAL archiving is
working? Or should I expect the file to be deleted?

Bye,

Guy.

--
Family management on rails: http://www.famundo.com - coming soon!